Indian Head Massage (Champissage)
What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian head massage is a technique of manipulating soft tissues in the shoulders and scalp. The therapist uses a range of different massage pressures and rhythms to stimulate the head and neck area.
Indian Head Massage begins with working on the the upper back and shoulders. A combination of deep massage techniques and using pressure on release points helps to relax and loosen the muscles. Moving upwards, from the back into the shoulders and upper arms helps release tension in muscles to release stress and tension.
Often, Indian Head Massage includes a gentle face massage to aid circulation, improve skin tone, and reduce sinus and headache problems.
Indian Head Massage is an integral part of the Ayurvedic healing system that originated in India, millennia ago, and has been passed down through generations.
Indian Head Massage Benefits
- Aids the circulatory, muscular and nervous systems.
- Frees knots of muscular tension and relaxes connective tissue.
- Stimulates lymphatic flow.
- Reduces stress and can induce a feeling of wellbeing.
- Stimulates the skin and underlying nerve endings.
- Aids in the elimination of accumulated toxins.
- Effective in relieving the effects of stress.
Reflexology, Reiki and Indian Head Massage in Blaxton, Doncaster